It's a little weird to just jump into a journal or blog or anything. I guess everyone reading this already knows me but, still. So just for me, here's myself in a paragraph: I'm from Portland, Or. Yes it was once the coolest place to live ever, but all of you who have moved there since 1994 haved ruined it for me. I have lived in Seattle since 2001, I think things have always kinda sucked there. I'm a musician, singer and songwriter. I'm engaged to my girlfriend Auna, who is traveling with me this summer. I have a difficult to describe job at a Seattle art school. I have a sense of the world which makes it difficult for me to stay focused on anything and pushes me to bend something like this blog into a rambling, free form poem for the benefit of lint and those who love lint while stretching my sentences about the words that I find neato-special beyond intelligebility good. But I know that bores most people who know me to tears so I'll try not too. a little. Tacos.
I'm leaving on May 27th for Guatemala from Portland, Oregon. Auna and I left our jobs at the end of April, packed all our stuff into a storage unit and have been bumming around our home state of Oregon. Before we left we had some times. I played a gig at Conor Bryne's that went well:

and Auna and I planned our trip:

We had a really exhausting time packing all our stuff up and finishing up loose ends at work. It was really nice to get back home to Oregon (the best state in the Pac NW, which is of course the best area in the country). I don't have any pictures of that time. We've had some really intense ups and downs. I can't really explain it here for some reason. Normally I'm very verbose when it comes to that sort of thing. It just seems like Auna and have had a touch of the soap opera disease. But that's not what matters. There's no one and nothing that can hold us down. Rope burns on the friendly organs. But onwards, thanks for the sooper warm welcome resty time family people! We spent a week in Eugene and Portland. We saw Auna's and my family units and dealt with some last minute medical issues. I got to know Eugene a little better and Auna got to know Ptown a little better. Yeah. Then we went to my kind-of-sort-of uncle's ranch. It's way out in Eastern Oregon. It was a nice change of pace from Portland and Eugene. We took care of the spring colt and calves, battled a nasty turkey (I'm counting the days until november you bastard), dug out irrigation ditches, shot guns and bows and arrows...here's my Dad helping Auna kill something:
...annnnnnnnnd on a really beautiful Sunday (May 13th) I asked Auna to marry me. It looked like this:
Actually, there's better pictures of it and I'll upload them if anybody cares, but back to the story Auna said yes and we looked like this:
Yeah. I'm stoked. So stoked I'm not able to make some stupid over everyones including my own head joke that rambles. Almost. No joke. I'm in love.
We are finishing up our time in Portland announcing the news and seeing friends and family before we leaving. We are getting really pumped. Okay I'm bored now so more later.

7 comments:
s taht a hickey on Auna's neck or what?
A) I'm totally RSS-ing your blog so I can keep track of your every move and
B) HOLY SHIT! CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING ENGAGED! That rules, man. I knew you were gonna do it. I totally called it. Suh-weeet!
To Cori: yes.
To Basil: Umm, I know it means Really Simple Syndication, but other than that I'm not sure what you're talking about. What is it that you'd like to do to me and my blog exactly? Oh, and thanks dude. and for calling it and properly spelling suh-weeet, I'll make sure you're invited.
Holy crap... that is fantastic news! Congratulations! Keep me posted.
Congratulations! a beautiful day, a beautiful girl, and a vision. You're blessed. Carpe Diem
congrats! i heard about the engagement via Falconer. that's how i rss you.
Post a Comment